Friday, May 30, 2008

P.S. I Love You.


A Moment of Clarity.

Yo Pete-

I could have easily written this to you in an email, but you've been so cool to write positive things about me on your blog(s) that I want to respond in kind.

Here's using blogs for something other than pointing out boob jobs and slight limps.

-Ting, ting, ting-

You're one of the best eggs in the music industry, hands down. With as much talent as you have, I'd expect you'd have some eccentric ego, but from what I can tell you seem to have none. (That actually makes you more talented, by way of some crazy cosmic arithmetic.) Every time we get the chance to hang I'm inspired by your creativity. Your mind is like a stadium with the dome open... you have ZERO judgment when it comes to things that move you. When most people get the feeling they might like an idea, or a shirt, they run it through a series of filters; 'what should I think, given my personal attributes?' 'How does this read?' 'What would Kanye do?' You have what makes talented people successful for years and years - a brave sense of self and a completely authentic relationship with your tastes.

That's why I'll throw a guitar in the car and be there anytime you need me. It's a short list. (I'm lazy.)

Isn't it weird when you're alone in your hotel room and the ice in that bucket melts, shifting it all and making it sound like someone's hiding in your closet? That always gets me.

Sorry.

Point is, I think the world of you. And wish you all the happiness your artsy head will accept. Fame is just one big lesson in being a man, and you're doing a bang up job...

Best to you and your lovely wife...

Oh, and what's up, blogosphere. Have at it.

  • [johnmayer.com]
  • No comments: