Thursday, May 29, 2008

"Groove Me Baby!"

FILE UNDER: Don't you forget about me. (?)


He's got the whole world, in his hands.

You know, as a fan of "bomb ass" dance music, I should be happy with the discs from said genre that have been thrown my way thus far since the start of 2008: Cut Copy, The Presets, Robyn, Kylie Minogue, and Hercules and the Love Affair just to name a few.

Now, I wish I could sit here and say that I stand firmly behind each and every one of those discs, but I don't. The Cut Copy disc loses my attention around track four or five, I hardly if ever listen to Robyn's disc beyond With Every Heartbeat [or sometimes Who's That Girl], The Presets album is great, but just needs a little more attention from me, and, then of course, there's Hercules and the Love Affair, a band that grabbed my attention because a)it's a DFA production and b)for a minute there you couldn't hit up a music blog's URL without reading words of praise in regards to this group and their debut record.

So yeah, I bit the bullet and got my download on. Do I like it? Sure. Do I love it? Not really. And one day I swear I'll pay more attention to the album once it surpasses its halfway mark. But I won't make any promises. Why? Cause I got a shitton of new flavas in my ear that keep calling me back.



  • PITCHFORK: Video: Hercules and Love Affair: "Blind" (Live in Brooklyn)
  • No comments: