Saturday, March 15, 2008

Old School Funk for the True Funk Soldiers!

The other day Pajiba had a fun little Afternoon Comment Diversion. The rules were simple. Grab your iPod, press shuffle, and write down the first five songs that come on. Now the music on my iPod is varied as all hell, but I must say I was truly surprised when I hit shuffle and was hit with "BAPTIZE THE FUNK". Yeah that's right, Da Brat's Funkdafied. That shit was hilarious, and a pleasant surprise. It had been a while. But you know what would have been even funnier? If I were to press play, and been presented with this Da Brat song:



Now THAT'S the jam!

[Oh and if you're curious, the rest of my top five was 2. "One More Time/Aerodynamnic" [live] - Daft Punk, 3. "The Work Pt. 1" - Prince, 4. "Cannon" - The White Stripes, and 5. "Roxanne" - The Police]

  • PAJIBA: Five Songs II
  • No comments: