Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Tell me why?

Okay, let's see. Damn, how do I say this without coming off a little racist. Uh...I, um...FUCK!... Okay, look, Karaoke is awesome, and it took a trip to South Korea for me to realize this. It was here that I was turned onto the immaculate parlors known to you and me as dives that exist in foreign [and largely Asian] lands. There was a hostess, a private room, and a songbook that just wouldn't quit. [Shit I am surprised that we didn't have to say a password just to enter the premises] HDTV plasma screens shined brightly with bouncing balls and fantastic visual accompaniments. And the room? All ours. Large and secluded. Too much. Like a grown up Chuck E. Cheese. [Did I stop to mention the bucket-o-plenty that was our liquor basket?] I would never inexperience something so cavalier and carefree til the following summer in Koreatown when my friends and I got a room and engaged ourselves in such wonderful tomfoolery as drunkenly dueting passionately to Disney hits and the like. It was no South Korea, but the people of Koreatown did their best to entertain us and turn us on to something so popular in their circles. That is why it pains me so to read this:

  • BUSINESS WEEK: China cracks down on karaoke parlors
  • No comments: