Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Reach out and touch, somebody's hand!


Get free from the middle man...

It's no secret, I love music. I enjoy new release Tuesdays, I love going to concerts, get my boogie'n two-step on, and "collecting" cds like vinyl til the wheels fall off. Songs move me, songs groove me, and not a moment goes by that I'm not being soundtracked by a soundsystem's speaker or my iPod's earphones.

Still, having said all that, I must admit that upon my first encounter with the following headline, I got all cynical, sucked my teeth and was like, "HA!...yeah...good luck with that..."


  • ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Singer-songwriter Jill Sobule asks fans to fund her next CD


  • Wrong? Yes. Her actions? No. My first impression of such a move? Yes. If music means that much to me, the least I can do is give up a little sumthin', sumthin' in return right? After all, I did pay two dollars and some change for Radiohead's In Rainbows, and they sure didn't need [or want?] my "petty"* cash...

    *Okay, so it may have been my allotted allowance for the week. But a young twenty-something trying to make a dollar out of fifteen cents can still dream right?

    No comments: