Thursday, January 24, 2008

I feel it all?

Not the biggest Feist fan.

Yeah I said it.

Post college, pre job "stability", I spent my weekends waitin' and bussin' at my boy's restaurant/diner near the water in Venice. He's one of those people who loves music, and has an open/all encompassing give everything a shot ear; but he's also new to this whole building a music collection thing. Every now and then he would go to Amoeba and get a disc or three. One time he got his hands on Feist's debut album. And day in and day out, I would enter that Mercedes SUV and pray to God that my iPod wouldn't die on me, or that sleep would get the best of me til we arrived at the restaurant.

Skip ahead to late 2007, early 2008.

I actually just heard 1,2,3,4 all the way through in late December/early January and yeah it's cool, but I prefer My Moon, My Man.

Skip ahead to today.

In my boy's "new" car. XM satellite radio. What is this? And why won't I talk over it? Nice. I like it. I mean I know we're lifted and all, but this is subtle, sweet, and adorable.

Wait, is this Feist? It sure does sound like her.



Yes, yes it is.

Cute.

No comments: