Friday, December 28, 2012

"BANDZ A MAKE HER DANCE!": The Singles, 2012.


"See you on a dark night..."

08/Grimes/Oblivion

I still don't know all the words to this song.

This still hasn't stopped the same scenario from playing out each time I play Oblivion: (1) I turn the volume up, (2) My dancing feet and eager hips get anxious, & (3) I gets up for the down stroke while singing along (with all my heart) to the parts I know, and the parts that I don't (but think I do). And I probably never will. All of that "work" and research is just a distraction, and keeps me from what I & this song wants me to do: reach euphoria in real time, to the beat. Yes, it's one of those songs. Oblivion is a great appetizer for the feast that is Grimes and her Visions. A seductively sinister synth filled dream about something, something, I don't know. I'm too busy body rockin' into Oblivion...



09/Solange/Losing You 

10/Usher/Climax

11/G.O.O.D. Music Group/Clique & Mercy

12/Bat For Lashes/All Your Gold AND Bruno Mars/Locked Out of Heaven

13/Justice/New Lands

14/Tame Impala/Feels Like We Only Go Backwards

15/Santigold/Big Mouth

16/Frank Ocean/Sweet Life

17/Elle Varner/Refill

18/A$AP Mob & Flatbush Zombies/Bath Salt

19/R.Kelly/Feelin' Single

20/Hot Chip/How Do You Do?

21/Rihanna/Where Have You Been

22/Madonna/Girl Gone Wild

23/Kendrick Lamar/Swimming Pools (Drank)

24/E-40, YG, IAMSU, & Problem/Function AND Odd Future/Oldie

25/Taylor Swift/We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

No comments: