Friday, June 27, 2008

"Where they at?! @#Where they at?!@#"


If only that "reunited and it feels so good" moment between Morris Chestnutt, drunk(?) "Uncle" Cuba, and Nia Long was this good.

So, I don't know if you've heard, but I was glued to the screen for this year's BET Awards. And I was particularly hyped for the opening performance by Usher? Why? Cause word on the street was he would be brining out Beyonce and Lil Wayne to croon my current jam of the week, Love in the Club Part II. During the performance of Love in this Club (Part I), I kept waiting for Usher to stop the track, start the remix, and bring out B* and Lil Wayne. And then I noticed that the cameras kept cutting to Lil Wayne swaying...in the audience. And though we had a Knowles in the house and listed in the opening credits, it wasn't she who "drops down low and sweeps the flo'" with it. -Sigh- Guess she was indeed too busy "watching the show at home, smoking a fat one, drinking MadDog, and eating barbeque pork rinds."

  • BEYONCEITIS: I Guess You Feel Kinda Stupid, Huh?


  • *I seriously don't know why I was expecting Alicia keys to bring out the original Destiny's Child. But I mean if you can get Dawn Robinson** on a stage with her former Dreamgirls, then anything is possible right?

    **Speaking of which, did anyone else notice how Dawn kept looking over at homegirl singing lead on the track like "damn, we just had to sing a track where I all I do is provide harmonies."

    No comments: