Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Spotlight.

FILE UNDER: For Your Consideration.

This video right here is another fine example of why music videos cannot be a dying breed. When I first heard this song, it did little to nothing for me. Yeah I thought it was pleasant, but there was no need for me to come back to it. [Funny how often that happens with mp3s posted on blogs.] And then I put the BET Live from the Red Carpet Event on mute. [Those “new kids” on the Block are easy on the eyes and all, but they ain’t no AJ and Free. And did Keyshia Cole’s mom drop it like it’s hot in a ball gown for the kids, twice?]

[SIDENOTE: A brotha was all about BET last night. And in the end it was warranted. Say what you will about BET, but at least they get their award shows right. Kanye was pretty apt with his family reunion comment]

I look away for one second and BOOM, Jennifer Hudson is on my screen, and the sound goes up. She looks good, she sounds good, and the track? Not bad. I could have done without the commercial thrown in the middle though. It’s supposed to be a club scene, but it’s pretty much a commercial. Scan ahead to the club. You’ll see what I’m talking about.

No comments: