Friday, June 20, 2008

"I got nuttin' but love for you baby!"

"What you got?"...

FILE UNDER: Happy Birthday Bigmama!

This post goes out to Hazel "Bigmama" Harris, my grandmother/Commander in Chief of all things Harris/Henry/Gordon/Patterson related here in Southern California. If you know my Bigmama personally, you know that there are numerous things to love about this woman, and for me one of them has got to be her love for current/contemporary Hip-Hop and R&B.

[Real talk. Albums that took up space in her stereo and car prior to me moving out included: Mary J. Blige's Growing Pains, 50 Cent's Curtis, Kanye West's Graduation, and R.Kelly's Greatest Hits, a Christmas gift from me to help keep the good vibes that she got from his concert last fall going strong.]

So here's to my Bigmama, on this, her special day. And presented below is one of her favorites from way back in the day. Heavy D and the Boyz: Nuttin' but Love! P.S., I can't wait to pig out at Sizzler tonight. Yes, you read that right, Sizzler.

No comments: