Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Rush of Blood to the Head.


"You really got a hold on me?"

So, me and this Viva La Vida album are having a tough time grabbing each other's attention. It didn't even pass the stream on a bus ride home to the crib test that is often so crucial in getting me to rally behind a freshly purchased LP. And the fact that I am also doing that unfortunate action where you come back to an album just for the single and then walk away, surely isn't helping matters.

[Again, Viva La Vida the track, is my shit]

But none of that mattered last night as I turned my head to my television screen to catch the end of Mr. Stewart's sentence, "Our guest tonight is..." Imagine my surprise when he held up a vinyl copy of Coldplay's new album and ushered them onto the stage. Of course I wanted to hear me some Viva La Vida, but I did fine without it. Why? Cause Coldplay were on point. I succumbed to everything: the "bombast", Chris Martin's Right Said Fred dance movements, those "wacky" outfits [coming soon to an Urban Outfitters near you!(?)], and Mr. Martin's witty stage banter between songs with "Sir" Jon Stewart. Well played Coldplay. Well played.



No comments: