Thursday, February 15, 2007

A New Sensation


Wednesday nights at eight equals one thing: No American Idol til nine. This left me with an hour to fill for my viewing pleasure. I decided to go with NBC and caught a full episode of Friday Night Lights and I am glad that I did. I get the feeling that this show houses all the drama, grit, and southern charm that MTV tries to pin down on their FNL like show Two A Days. Last night's episode dealt with Football and racism, and I more than anyone has had his fair share of Remember the Titans/Radio style flicks, but all the drama, dialogue, and family confrontations were portrayed in such a convincing manner that the topic seemed fresh again and worth discussing. I can't believe I've been giving Studio 60 a chance and completely sleeping on this. A slice of life in Texas hasn't been this delicious since the creation of King of the Hill. Do yourself a favor and tune in. You won't be dissapointed.

No comments: