Friday, December 27, 2013

BOUND: The Singles, 2013.


whip appeal.

05/Ciara/Body Party

You almost feel somewhat voyeuristic for listening in on what is ultimately a private invitation from Ciara to "do what you want with my body" to a very special (and lucky) dude on the other side (In this case, that dude is Future). But like all the other great entries in R&B's slow jam hall of fame, love takes over and trumps everything else here, and Ciara just wants to let this love loose from every limb and stretch of her body (or in between the sheets). Body Party slithers about sensually, all the while telling the world and him, "boy, you just don't know what you do to me..." (and what I'll do to you once I get you alone). From Mike Will Made It's seductive rumble of a beat, to Ciara's coquettish purr that repurposes itself, getting more forceful and direct when the thought of him lights up her entire being, Body Party is 2013's sexiest song, hands down. A slow, carefully thought out and executed private dance in song form. "Baby put your phone down, you should turn it off. Cause tonight it's going down. We in the zone now. Don't stop..." Damn, girl. How could I/he/we resist? Take control of me. My body is your party.



06/Robin Thicke featuring T.I. & Pharrell/Blurred Lines

07/Drake/Started From the Bottom

08/Pusha T & Kendrick Lamar/Nosetalgia 

09/David Bowie/Where Are We Now?

10/Miley Cyrus/We Can't Stop

11/Alicia Keys & Maxwell/Fire We Make

12/Blood Orange/Chamakay

13/Danny Brown/Dope Song

14/Iggy Azalea/Work

15/Holy Ghost!/Dumb Disco Ideas

16/Chance the Rapper/Juice

17/Charli XCX/Take My Hand

18/A$AP Rocky feat. Drake, 2 Chainz, & Kendrick Lamar/F**kin' Problems

19/Britney Spears/Work B**ch!

20/Deerhunter/Monomania

21/Sky Ferreira/You're Not the One

22/Janelle Monae/Dance Apocalyptic

23/Justin Timberlake featuring Jay Z/Suit & Tie 

24/The Dream/IV Play

25/Queens of the Stone Age/My God is the Sun

 

No comments: