Friday, December 13, 2013

BOUND: The Albums, 2013.


19/Disclosure/Settle

We can start with the features and the guest list. Or we could analyze the lyrics in search of some deeper meanings or themes to dissect and discuss at length. But I'd like to, if I may, take a minute to place all that on the shelf. I would like to, like brothers Guy and Howard Lawrence here, have a conversation (you & me), with an instrument of mine that money can't buy. This body, our limbs, these feet. Confess to me: how do you build your personal momentum, and how do you get in the zone? Show me (I'm latchin' on to you). "Help me lose my mind..." 

Settle wants to have this conversation with you. Converse via the language of movement, and operate as if it's the only language it knows. How do you build your personal momentum? (let the needle drop) And how do you get in the zone? (stimulation. can you keep up?) Do you feel love? Cause I feel love. I hear love. For house music. Kinetic DJ sets. Soul Music. For movement and perspiration. Full throated vocalists, and packed basements. I feel love. I hear love. The love touches me. And all it, all Settle asks, is that I love it back. With this body, these limbs, and these feet. Cause when the fire starts to burn (let the needle drop), and it starts to spread (stimulation. can you keep up?), I have no choice, WE have no choice, but to give it up and turn it loose. A worthy conversation. Always a pleasure.
KEY TRACKS: Latch/White Noise/Confess to Me

20/Nine Inch Nails/Hesitation Marks

21/Tegan & Sara/Heartthrob

22/Thee Oh Sees/Floating Coffin

23/Rhye/Woman

24/Lorde/Pure Heroine

25/Savages/Silence Yourself

No comments: