Monday, July 14, 2008

Lovestoned.

Last week I stumbled across this channel. MHD. All concerts, all the time. And for about three hours, I was in love. The night I tuned in went a little something like this: RHCP concert from 07 or 06 followed by the Foo Fighters, which was in turn, followed by an intimate live in studio set from the Black Crowes, who were then followed by Radiohead and their "From the Basement" set in support of their latest effort In Rainbows.

This was the highlight of my MHD viewing experience.

Say what you will about Radiohead, but their live shows can't be denied, taped or up close and personal. And more than anything, it felt good to just enjoy In Rainbows on my own terms. [Take a second and think back to the months of October 2007 - January 2008: In Rainbows this, In Rainbows that. Best album of the year. Nothing else exists. Etc. Etc.] And one song in particular really came alive during the session for me, and that song was House of Cards. The performance, like the track itself, was not rushed, was smooth, and ebbed and flowed with such serene and mollifying clarity. A few months back I wondered why it rather than another more in your face track from In Rainbows was released as a single, but not anymore.

Radiohead.

Lasers.

  • House of Cards.


  • Enjoy.

    No comments: