Wednesday, January 05, 2011

"SPEAKERS GOING HAMMER!": The Albums: 2010.


14/Of Montreal - False Priest

False Priest, I see you girlfriend. I got so lucky with you. I feel ya strutter, I got so lucky with you. I bow at your feet. Worship at your altar. Bishop Barnes, you funky. Bishop Barnes, you crazy. Bishop Barnes, you’s a freak. And the gospel you’ve put forth right here is TOUGH. You groove me, brotha. Straight move me, playa. Man, when you hit me? I'm a cloud baby, I'm a cloud, buoyed and comforted by these popstastic funk workouts that come at me track after track after track til the beats go stop and there’s nothing left. I’m stuck in that head of yours with ya. I’m reaching for that falsetto, and harmonizing on the multiples. You got it together. I feel ya strutter. Your sexuality is more fleshed out and more fully realized. And the pace as well as the music is more focused and less scattered. This is some joyful polyphonic noise from a wondrously seductive playground. I see you girlfriend. I got so lucky with you.
KEY TRACKS: Godly Intersex/Enemy Gene/Girl Named Hello

  • 15/Drake - Thank Me Later


  • 16/Spoon - Transference


  • 17/The Dream - Love King


  • 18/Scissor Sisters - Night Work


  • 19/Vampire Weekend - Contra


  • 20/Erykah Badu - New Amerykah Part Two (Return of the Ankh)


  • 21/Gorillaz - Plastic Beach


  • 22/Janelle Monae - The Archandroid


  • 23/Cee-Lo Green - The Lady Killer & Jazmine Sullivan - Love Me Back


  • 24/Jenny & Johnny - I'm Having Fun Now


  • 25/The Black Keys - Brothers
  • No comments: