Thursday, June 25, 2009

Little Big Man.

I woke up yesterday the same way I do prior to any workday. If the mood is right I exercise. If not I head straight to shower, come out “so fresh and so clean”, turn on my television and plop down in front of my computer, getting cozy with some online news. Yesterday, the stories pretty much remained the same: Iran, Healthcare, Governor Sanford, and a few others in between. I came in search of updates, developments, information on the new. And then, something wicked this way came in the form of an overtly sensational headline on some news site regarding Lil Kim, North Korea, and his, in my words, desperate, desperate need for attention and to be accepted in the world, at a moment, where other countries/superpowers around him are fighting to be heard on serious grounds, worrying about their imports/exports and domestic currency, healthcare, unemployment, etc. Another day, another threat, another shout from the little boy itching towards could in the corner. (And another roll of the eye/suck of the teeth from me). Look, I am not underestimating the man’s status/threats/capacities whatsoever (just in case, you know, he’s reading this), I’m just saying, brotha, there are better ways to get your point across, better ways to sit at the Big Kids table, better ways to make your presence known diplomatically and internationally, and this (/these actions/words/threats) ain’t it.


The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Welcome to the Jong-il
thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorJason Jones in Iran

No comments: