Monday, March 23, 2009

Heard it all before?

So I'm cooking in the kitchen yesterday evening. Mixing ingredients, losing myself to the intoxicating aromas filling the air, and holding conversation with one of my roommates, who also happened to be throwing down Sunday dinner, Soul Food style in the kitchen as well. T.I.'s Paper Trail LP bumped in the background. Final track. Dead and Gone. To which, upon hearing Justin Timberlake's voice, my roommate let out an "Oh Justin Timberlake..." To which I replied, "Need a hit? Call up Justin Timberlake! He's to pop artists what T-Pain is to rappers and R&B cats." Think about it. And then press play on this, a song that will definitely take some time to grow on me, and begs me to ask, "is the JT/Timbaland formula still good, or good it use a little re-vamping?" Cause eventhough the chanteuse singing the track with Mr. Timberlake is Ciara this go round, something about it all seems awfully familiar. Watch. (Or shall I say listen...)

New flava in ya ear!

Ciara.

Justin Timberlake.

Love Sex Magic.

No comments: