Thursday, January 22, 2009

"I put on for my city!"

Why do I enjoy this clip? Let me count the ways:

(1) It's a song about Locs. Not Sunglasses, not Aviators, not Stunna Shades, Locs. Motherfucking Locs! Nuff said.

(2) The video starts with a definition of the word "janky".

(3) The beat is timely. (Thanks Jeezy?)

(4) I have yet another song to add to my "Feat. Young Jeezy" Mixtape. (Seriously, I'll "step in the name of love" for many a Young Jeezy guest rap, but I can't stand behind any of his LPs.)

(5) It's in, out, over, and then done. (Cube - Jeezy - Cube - Hook - Fade)

(6) It's a song that was recorded for inclusion on the soundtrack for a movie titled The Janky Promoters. (Cube! Epps! OH MY GOD!)

New flava in ya ear!

Ice Cube
feat. Young Jeezy.

I Got My Locs On
.

A Weinstein Company LLC production.

No comments: