Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Who gives a fuck about an Oxford Comma?




"WE DO! WE DO!"

On the walk to my local record store this afternoon I gave Tapes 'N Tapes debut album The Loona spin; And I ain'tgon lie: it was the first time I had done so in a while. The Loon was one of those albums I always thank the interwebs for; those albums that come highly touted on Pitchfork, some blog, and comments sections. And I was happy to have this album on my radar; it's
tight, consistent, and wonderfully understated. [Yet stillornately decorated]

So why haven't I given it a spin lately?

Maybe it's the Vampire Weekend/debut indie record effect? The album's so meticulous, so tight, so wonderfully crafted, yet easily forgettable. Here today, gone tomorrow.

But I don't want to do that with this one. And its because of songs like this:




Man, 2008 is looking kind of purty with these banging full length ALBUMS.

See...

  • Be Here Now.
  • No comments: