Friday, April 11, 2008

Teenage Love Affair.

I missed the final half of last night’s American Idol results show. 30 Rock is back after a nearly 6 month hiatus [NOW WORKING WRITERS STAND UP] with an episode entitled MILF Island, and there was no way I was going to miss that. I hear I missed quite the shocking elimination. [MICHAEL JOHNS! OH MY GOD!] But if you think about it, every elimination from here on out will be shocking when it comes to this random assortment of singers and personality and, of course, the voting habits of we the people. But it wasn’t all about cold hard bitch moves [I’m looking at you Mr. Seacrest] and shocking elimination results, no it was also a night about music. [After all that’s what we tune in for right ?] And the one thing I am truly upset about missing is the live performance of No Air by Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown. It’s no secret, I love CB’s latest disc Exclusive, and towards the end of AI’s season last year, I became more accustomed to the stage presence and personality of Ms. Sparks. [Plus that Tattoo song really isn’t that bad]. I’ve been secretly digging on this song for a minute, and when you give it a listen, it’s not hard to see why. Both vocalists attack the song and subject matter with adult like ferocity, offering a breath of fresh air [no pun intended] to a genre and/or trend –the male-female R&B duet – that often comes off as tired or uninspired. Clearly one of the best singles of the year. Hands down.

No comments: