Thursday, April 03, 2008

That Chick.

FILE UNDER: New flava in MY ear!


Okay Mariah. I see you...

How great is this track?:



I mean seriously. I was worried there for a minute with Touch My Body and its mentionings of You Tube and the wrapping of legs around waists. Where was the Mariah I knew from Butterfly and Daydream? The one who could drop lines "coming back incessantly" into her songs like it was no thang? Admit it, for a minute there, you thought she was taking this whole "not being trapped beneath Tommy Mottola's wings" thing a little too far. Hell upon first encountering this song's lyrics, I was thinking the same thing. The hook, for example, goes like this: I’m like that oowee ya fiendin’ / To blaze up and taste me / Got flavor like ice cream / ‘Cause I’m that chick you like,” Mariah accurately boasts.

Ugh right?

No.

This is one breezy, smooth ass track that suceeds in playing it cool. Plus Mariah sounds good, giving us another one of those underscored vocals she could probably dish out in her sleep. And see if you can spot the classic song lyrics referenced in the bridge. This shit right here? This gets me excited for E=MC2.

Now if only someone can get those chicks from the Hills in the audience to look like they are excited about something other than themselves...

  • FOURFOUR: Catching up with 4/4


  • See also...

  • IDOLATOR: Can You Name All 18 Of Mariah Carey's No. 1 Singles?
  • No comments: