Wednesday, May 22, 2013

CHIC.


Random Access Memories played for the 1st time last night in my atmosphere. It started strong. Lost me in the middle. Felt a little repetitive. Made my Uncle two step during his brief kitchen interlude as Giorgio by Moroder played. Mostly, like that first meeting with JT's Suit & Tie, I found myself wondering, "Where's the pulse? Why aren't I sweating? This, this is... nice?.. Pleasant? A great homage, but it just doesn't feel, 'alive'." In other words, I let it give me a sad face (like it has hilariously given many of us it seems).

This morning I came back to it.

And I let it play.

This time around, Within hit like it should. This time around Touch was less silly and actually kind of majestic towards the end. This time around Get Lucky finally landed for me and I almost played it back when it ended. This time around I realized this album is meant to be played from the top to the bottom, and that is how I will largely come to enjoy it from here on out. Cause after this morning's stream I realized more than anything that you know what, I like this album. Like, really like this album. It grooves, it knocks, it makes me want to immerse myself and revel in nothing but great two stepping ass shaking beats of dance/electro/disco/funk music's present and past (As I did this morning, when I found myself going from Daft Punk to Van She to Hot Chip to Charli XCX to !!! to Daft Punk again).

And also, I agree with these statements:

PITCHFORK: Daft Punk: Random Access Memories. A Review

SEE ALSO:

ROLLING STONE: Daft Punk Bonus Track 'Horizon' Surfaces

No comments: