Thursday, September 27, 2012

WORDS.


"...Kaleidoscope Dream is my metaphor for life. Everyone has their own kaleidoscope dream, and what I mean by that is that we’re all collecting ideas and beliefs and that has everything to do with how we act, how we react, the choices that we make and how we shape our subconscious thought patterns. All of those things put together, we’re creating our life and what we experience. It can directly influence and affect and create what it is that we’re experiencing in the future. Because I wanted this album to be a pure and honest projection of my lifestyle and my kaleidoscope dream. It was really important that I was very much involved in creating the sound, pulling in the textures, pulling in the colors. Painting honestly and trying to be as concise and true to what it was I was getting in my head. So it was really cool to work with this handful of producers, really taking seriously and understanding how important it was that this sound be mine. If I wasn’t producing the song, I was co-producing. If I wasn’t co-producing, I was playing on it. It was all very much a very personal journey, an honest interpretation of the sound of my head."- MIGUEL 

STEREOGUM: Miguel Talks Kaleidoscope Dream

No comments: