Friday, October 15, 2010

The Darkness.


Words.

"Spiritual bullying is deadly. Children are listening when religious leaders call gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgender people sinners. Children hear them when they shout "abomination" from the pulpit, when they scream, "Thou shalt not!"

There is no turning back when a child has heard he or she is evil one too many times. No prayer, no line from a book written by men, will undo a child's last prayer for help.

...My heart is heavy. My eyes are tired. I can not read another story about a young person taking his or her life because of bullying in any form. I want the world to be truly holy. I want the world to be a place where all people are loved and cherished for who they are. I want us to have compassion for one another and to help each other in times of need. I want a world where we find the Spirit in truth, not through the manipulations of power hungry men and women.

Do you agree?..."

  • THE HUFFINGTON POST: Anti-Gay Churches Are Not Holy
  • No comments: