Tuesday, November 10, 2009

In Memoriam.

[Originally posted Wednesday, December 19, 2007 ]

Singled Out.

TAUWAN'S "TOP TEN" SINGLES OF THE YEAR

SEVEN.



(AND Gronlandic Edit - Of Montreal)

Let me tell you why these two songs are special: It's the beat! Sit me down and ask me what these songs are about exactly and I couldn't really tell you, this, despite the fact that I can practically sing along til the wheels fall off everytime I press play on either of these tracks. This ain't a diss, it's a compliment to the tactile groove and idiosyncratic funk present in both these jams. It's not a cerebral thang, it's a physical thang, as the underlying bass, ebullient funk and melodies of Of Montreal's Gronlandic Edit, and the thick and heavy dancefloor stomp and dark decadence of !!!'s Must Be The Moon hit you hard, squarely in yo hips and toe tappin feets. They say people don't dance no more [hipsters I am looking at you] but you'll be hard pressed to find a back against the wall when these jams are in rotation.



  • PITCHFORK.TV: SPECIAL PRESENTATION !!! Must be the Moon
  • No comments: