Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Contact High.

FILE UNDER: Oh Word?/A Moment of Clarity.

I was not surprised when it was announced that Little Miss Jamie Lynn Spears was pregnant last year. I was not surprised that two teenagers had consensual sex, probably said "fuck it" on the protection tip (well not in those exact words, but you get what I am saying), and wound up with a baby in the end. Yes, the announcement itself was surprising and unexpected, but in the end, what went down was not. Why? Cause I too am a young person in the United States of America. I know of the rampant miscommunication that exists between kids and parents on the subject (or the complete lack thereof of any dialogue). I have also been there (As in, a teenager surrounded by those walking the walk and/or talking the talk. I ain't got nobody pregnant or anything), and to say that my peers shared or thought about sharing "lover's spit" like it was going out of style from the age of maybe 15 or so all the way through high school, is an understatement. That's why I can get what Little Miss Bristol Palin is trying to say and/or get at here with her commentary (not 100% behind the comment), just wondering how the leader of the pack, good old Miss Sarah Palin herself, feels about it all.

No comments: