Monday, November 26, 2007

1...2...3...4!


Oh year end albums' lists. Let the bitching commence!

So Amazon.com has one upped all the blogs and magazines in circulation right now [Except Stylus, but they had a special reason for doing so].

Yeah that's right, the time has come for the 1st (? - I could be wrong who knows) Best Albums of 2007 list. It's akin to the whole, Thanksgiving is over, time for Christmas spirit and the end of the year as we know it festivities that pop as soon as Black Friday commences. Hell, Starbucks has been all about the X-mas, excuse me, winter cups for most of November, and this morning I was greeted with a giant Christmas tree in the lobby of my office building coupled with a giant Menorah standing in the middle column of doors. [Yes it was taller than me. And yes I wondered aloud before walking in, "What no Kwanzaa decorations?]

And who sits atop their list with the album of the year?....

Feist. The Reminder.

Yeah...

I don't know how I feel about that, but whatever.

Amazon's Top Ten:

1. The Reminder - Feist
2. Sound of Silver - LCD Soundsystem
3. Graduation - Kanye West
4. In Rainbows - Radiohead
5. Back to Black - Amy Winehouse
6. Neon Bible - Arcade Fire
7. Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga - Spoon
8. New Moon - Elliot Smith
9. Wincing the Night Away - The Shins
10. Raising Sand - Robert Plant and Alison Krauss

Solid?

  • AMAZON.COM: Best of 2007: Top 100 Editors' Picks
  • No comments: