Wednesday, December 18, 2019

CUZ I LOVE YOU (!) ... : THE ALBUMS, 2019.


15/SHARON VAN ETTEN/REMIND ME TOMORROW

Midway through Remind Me Tomorrow, on the rollicking Springsteen like number that starts like it was waiting for you, Seventeen, Sharon checks in on the teenage she. “I wish I could show you how much you've grown”. I wish she could see the present day Sharon, too. This Comeback Kid with this expansive alt rock set and barn burner. “I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GONNA BE!” she sings to her younger self, and across these ten songs shows us exactly that with razor sharp finesse. She’s a fiery torch singer, a magnetic front woman and rock goddess, and a tantalizing alt rock queen, telling and showing us everything she is, and everything she can be.

KEY TRACKS:

I TOLD YOU EVERYTHING



COMEBACK KID



STAY




16/BIG THIEF/TWO HANDS

17/JAIMIE BRANCH/FLY OR DIE II: BIRD DOGS OF PARADISE

18/FKA TWIGS/MAGDALENE

19/BRITTANY HOWARD/JAIME

20/JESSICA PRATT/QUIET SIGNS 

21/BAT FOR LASHES/LOST GIRLS

22/DEERHUNTER/WHY HASN'T EVERYTHING ALREADY DISAPPEARED?

23/ANGEL OLSEN/ALL MIRRORS

24/ADA LEA/WHAT WE SAY IN PRIVATE

25/BECK/HYPERSPACE

No comments: