Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Ring the alarm!


Hold up wait a minute! I go and pop open Pitchfork's home page and my eyes see this:

Missy Elliott
Respect M.E.

"The hip-hop superstar finally has her inventive, brilliant singles compiled onto one disc. The rub: It's only out in the UK."

First off I was like OH WORD! Missy "MISDEMEANOR" Elliot has a greatest hits CD (?)and got all kinds of excited. [Despite the fact that I could easily compile this disc myself seeing as how I own every album she's put on wax]Then I was all like SAY WHAT?! OUT ONLY IN THE U.K.? AWW HELL TO THE NAW. Whatever, it's cool, but that shit needs to be released stateside. I like the album cover and who doesn't want a CD full of Missy Elliot hits to bump from time to time. If Respect M.E. can't get your party started, I don't know what will.

Read Pitchfork's spot on
  • review of Respect M.E. here.
  • No comments: