Friday, September 29, 2006

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!


Despite what some may tell you, there is a huge plus to going to a small college in Brunswick, ME, especially if said college is filled with students who have a keen taste in music and know how to get things done. While studying at
  • Bowdoin College
  • I was fortunate enough to see Rufus Wainwright, Ok Go [twice], the Secret Machines, Autolux, the Moving Units, Rainer Maria, and Mos Def among others grace the tiny stages on my 1500 student having campus. Shortly before I graduated in May, kids in the know across campus shat themselves silly [and one fly ass English professor] when Bowdoin booked The Hold Steady. I had not heard of them or listened to any of their music, but from what I heard and hear from both friends and critics on high, they are hot shit and know how to par-tay. [Another benefit of having a "big" act come to a school in Brunswick, ME. Nothing else to do but party with the student fans. FYI: the drummer from the Secret Machines is pretty hillarious and Rufus Wainwright is really nice.]

    I also hear that the new album Boys and Girls in America in stores this Tuesday is pretty stellar and I for one can't wait to get my hands on it and hopefully join the Hold Steady bandwagon. As a matter of fact I think I'll head over to
  • this site
  • and get my stream on right now. I suggest you do the same.

    No comments: