Friday, December 16, 2011

DOO-WOPS & HOOLIGANS: The Albums, 2011.


15/Danny Brown/XXX

 "Colder than them grits they fed slaves. Me to rap is like water to raves. Dark nights tryna sleep, stomach on fire. Delusional from hunger so I couldn't get tired. Imaging the equalizer goin from green to red. Words that rhyme together just appear all in my head. I'm getting old and time's running out. Repeating instrumentals tryna figure patterns out. Popping pills, writing, drinking and smoking haze. Weaving the kicks and snares/dodging hooks. Tryna keep it original something thats overlooked. Have no apprentice. Style Uninherited. Laughing at you peasants cause my penmanship is excellent. Leave your mind bent, hanging on to every sentence. These other rap niggas got lines, I got encroachments. With my headphones on and sack full of weed, signed to Fools Gold and everything's all gnarly. Came a long way from extension cords in the window. Borrowing neighbors power just to plug up the Nintendo. Where the ovens never closed and stoves never off. Now it's my turn, if I fuck it all up. Just  a young nigga on the D.O.T. Bars so Bukowski, thought I wrote it in Pac Blood, can't go back now, so let that blunt burn. So many lines, you can bar code em.... BRUISER!

...What the fuck I got to lie for?"

-Danny Brown, 1981 - Present. 


Take that. Turn it up. Run it back.

KEY TRACKS: Lie4/Monopoly/30

16/JUSTICE/Audio, Video, Disco 

17/Jill Scott/The Light of the Sun 

18/CULTS/CULTS

19/James Blake/James Blake 

20/PJ Harvey/Let England Shake 

21/Lady Gaga/Born This Way

22/The Rapture/In the Grace of Your Love

23/Holy Ghost!/Holy Ghost!

24/Patrick Stump/Soul Punk

25/Beyonce/4 

No comments: