Thursday, June 28, 2007

Money.

Double Money.



Thursday, June 28th, 9:47 AM

TXT MSGR 1: December 7th it's offcial! Are you going with?
TXT MSGR 2: What? I have no idea what you are talking about.

TXT MSGR 2 goes through his morning motions. [Brushing his teeth, making his bed, getting the coffee started.] Plomps in front of his computer after all is said and done, with a cup of joe, checks e-mails, scans a few blogs and finally gets what TXT MSGR 1 was talking about at 9:47 AM. Writes back:

TXT MSGR 1: Haha. The Spice Girls reunion December 7th LA Dec 8th Las Vegas. I'm going to try to go to both.
TXT MSGR 2: Seriously. I don't think you know how excited I am. Or maybe you do. The only thing that could make this better is if the LA show was on New Year's Eve.
TXT MSGR 1: I'm just glad they're coming to us first! They said they'll add more dates soon. I'm soo excited!! We should go to the one in LA together and then take a flight to vegas to catch the other. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!*

I don't know about all that...

  • BBC NEWS: Spice Girls announce reunion tour


  • *[bold print added for emotional emphasis]

    Earlier...

  • Get Me Bodied**


  • **Okay so I neglected to mention in this piece that though I dragged my mentor to see the Spice Girls with me, he was repaid a few years later with a free Radiohead ticket to the Amnesiac tour at the Hollywood Bowl. Tickets I stayed up all night for with a hundred or so others, camping out at the Bowl til 10 a.m. Saturday morning when the box office opened and those wristbands passed out hours before got us first dibs on some good Radiohead seats. That was good times.

    No comments: