Tuesday, June 19, 2007

SHUT YOUR MOUTH


I like hip-hop. I grew up listening to nothing but hip-hop and R&B, but I am by no means a hip-hop head. Many of my favorite albums [rap included]aren't favorites based solely on the music housed within the disc[though that too is very important], but also because of the memories attached to it and the role it may have played for me at a certain point in time. So if you were to come around and ask what one of my favorite hip-hop albums of all time is, I would go ahead and say 2Pac All Eyez On Me. This is an album from my childhood that spawned many a hit single, music video, and the clout of Pac's celebrity. This is the album I ran down the street to the neighborhood corner store to buy on double cassette for 19.99 with my own money. I loved the production, I loved Pac's rhymes, and of course, loved the singles. That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less. Some would agree with me, others won't. Take Mark Ronson for example...

  • GUARDIAN UNLIMITED: Sgt Pepper must die!
  • No comments: