Saturday, January 26, 2008

For Your Consideration.


The Best Damn Thing?

A few weeks back I found myself in Rob's and Dave's apt post work on a Friday night. Rob works from home, so KROQ, or JackFm, or something of that ilk is always on in the background. It was another one of those rare moments where I get to actually listen to the radio and maybe here something that wasn't touted on a blog, or in a magazine. Yes, it is times like these that i get to kick it old school, and get my music the old fashioned way: from the radio. At this moment KROQ was supplying the music to the scene. The "yeah, whatever" voiced and attitude'd female DJ [is it just me or have many a female rock DJ gotten down on the mic as if they take their personality cues from Jane and Daria?] kept apologizing for her "enthusiasm over this new band that she had to play. MGMT is their name. She was going to break up the monotony and warned that it may be different from what we KROQ listeners usually expect from the station, but we're better off just letting our guards down and enjoying it:



Yeah...I guess. Looks like I may need a few more listens before I warm up to it completely. You?

No comments: