Tuesday, October 30, 2007

This is how we do it.

Yes it is Quik. You don't even know...

Now if you visit this blog often, you know that old school jams are more often than not posted under the "Old School Funk for the True Funk Soldiers" headline. But sometimes old school joints are so good, so well put together, so classic to a brotha, [see Montell Jordan's This is how we do it] that all I can do is marvel at their goodness as they boldly play on and show us how's it done. This jam, presented below, is one such example.



And I don't own this [or much DJ Quik for that matter] because?...

Now there are more than a few reasons why this is a West Coast right fist locked in your left palm as you sway to the beat with your eyes closed, openly mouthing the fly ass lyrics classic. But for me, most of the magic lies in the last few bars of the track, provided by the one, the only, Mr. Fuck the Money, Why You Bullshittin'? himself, Sugafree:

It feel good dont it?
It aint no good if it aint good enough
To put the proper good on it
Peep how I struck up bitch jump in the air
Stay there until I tell you come down
& when you do you shut the fuck up

She'll sell a nice dream but bitch youll
Have better luck tryin to find 2 Pac than
Me buying you somethin off the ice cream truck
Oxygen you leave lone leave me lone
Before I lock you in that little bitty box again
Dont let up yall just keep her soakin wet up
Playa playa & tell her when she need to shut up
Dont lighten up naw nigga you better you better tighten up
Throw ya head back back back back
Lean it to the side hey playas (yeah!)
Tell em that we fly (we fly!) ooooh catastrophe!
Bitch rather slide down a slide of razor blades
Into a pool of pimp piss but this hoe had the audacity
To ask me for a dollar even though thats all I had left
These greedy lying ass hoes'll fifty cents yo ass to death!

Don't believe me? Listen for yourself.

No comments: