Sunday, March 30, 2008

Get down on it!


Remind me to play some Lucy Pearl before the day is over...

B-ROCKA: ...But I gotta tell u about this dude I met out here in the target parking lot.
TAUWAN: You got holla'd at in a target parking lot?
B-ROCKA: Yes I did. He asked me to take him to get some gas. And when I brought him back he asked for my number.
TAUWAN: Haha. Was he cute?
B-ROCKA: Yes.
TAUWAN: Oh okay, so you lucked out. Not shabby B-Rocka. Not too shabby at all.
B-ROCKA: He came over for drinks a few nights ago.
TAUWAN: I swear you are so grown.

[EDITOR'S NOTE: B-Rocka is 23, just moved from Los Angeles to Atlanta, alone, bought a house, and now works for the IRS. Lucky sonofabitch. I wanna be like B-Rocka when I grow up.]

Like your life is one giant heartwarming black movies from the late 90's - early aughts. You know, the Best Man, Brown Sugar, etc.
B-ROCKA: Lol. N***a u so silly.
TAUWAN: Seriously. You sure you ain't friends with morris chestnut, sanna lathan, and them down in hotlanta. (notice how i can't get enough of this moniker).
B-ROCKA: The my best friends. I thought u knew.
TAUWAN: Haha. N***a you silly. Haha.

Remember when Black cinema was the shit? I ain't saying it's all gone to hell in a handbasket, but try if you will to remember a time before Tyler Perry and Roscoe Jenkins. Go back, way back, back into time... Love Jones, Brown Sugar, Love & Basketball, The Best Man, Soul Food, The Wood, Waiting to Exhale. -Sigh- Those were the days. Here's hoping that these filmmakers present in this article below can return Black Cinema back to its glory days of yore.

  • LOS ANGELES TIMES: African American filmmakers seek a new star
  • No comments: