Thursday, February 21, 2008

Just a little lovin'.


Sho you right!


A few weeks back I purchased this here album presented above. Shelby Lynne covering Dusty Springfield standards? Yes please! Imagine my surprise when I pressed play and was hit with some soulful easy listening takes on these Dusty classics. I'm not saying I don't enjoy it, but I was looking for some of that good old fashioned anguish and soul ever so present in a Dusty Springfield arrangement and vocal. What I was looking for, was something like this:



They say this is like the "BEST. TOP 24. EV-ER!", but yeah, I don't know. Both nights were pretty lackluster for me. And this was one of the few performances from last night that I actually watched on the screen and didn't just listen to from the other room. Kudos Ramiele, definitely one of my favorites. And definitely one of the top [2? 3?] performances from last night.

No comments: